User Manager

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I just installed the plugin in W.P. 2.8.3 and everything seem to be working ok but when I click on the User Manger link I receive the following error message even thought I'm logged in as admin.

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

any Ideas as to why this would be happening?

Steve

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Indeed. The plugin needs to be updated. The author doesn't cares - it seems. He, of course, is under no obligation. But what's the point in having the discussion pages if the author is not going to respond. Might as well delete it altogether.

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM
ssgupta wrote:

Indeed. The plugin needs to be updated. The author doesn't cares - it seems. He, of course, is under no obligation. But what's the point in having the discussion pages if the author is not going to respond. Might as well delete it altogether.

I can understand the author's point of no support at some point you just can't offer it anymore for a free program.  We all only have so much time, we all have to pay the bills. As to why leave this board open I can think of a couple of reason. The main one is that according to the terms the script it can be changed and edit and even sold. Basically the community could take over updates and support for the script.

Steve

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Okay I believe I found a fix  for this problem and thought I would share with everyone the problem seem to be that WP no longer permits access to the User Manager page from the Configuration Page link that EasyPayPal uses. To fix this I just moved the link to the main menu, to do this you just need to add one line of code to the "easypaypal.php" file.

Find this line of code.

add_submenu_page($epp_menu, __('EasyPayPal Configuration'), __('EasyPayPal Configuration'), 'manage_options', 'easypaypal/easypaypal_config.php', '');

You should find this about half way down the file. Now just add the below line of code right below this line of code.

add_submenu_page($epp_menu, __('EasyPayPal User Manager'), __('EasyPayPal User Manager'), 'manage_options', 'easypaypal/easypaypal_users.php', '');

Be sure to backup your original file before making the changes just in case you have any problems,  Enjoy

Steve

Aug 20, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Many thanks Steve, much appreciated as I'm about to relaunch a site using EPP.