How to charge for downloads

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Hi all. I am currently using a members' only section which is working really well (thanks to Shanon and this forum!) but I would also like to offer the audio files that are currently contained within the member's section for sale individually. In other words, I would like a situation where people can pay to listen to individual audio files without having to subscribe to the member's section (or anything else). I have tried the "Simple Pay Now (No Login Required)" option, but as I see it, this is not suitable for downloads. Does anyone have any ideas of how I might be able to set this up using EPP? Thanks in advance.
Feb 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Msolsyd:

While not the most ideal practice, I suppose you could the link for each download within a separate [pay][/pay] tag system.  The problem with this solution is that as soon as one person paid for that content, they could simply copy the download link/location and give that to someone else.  Also, I don't use the [pay][/pay] tag system, but I think it still requires a user to log in.

PDR
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM
To minimise the issue mentionned by PDR, you could perhaps change the location where you save the audio once a week (or once a month etc) and update all your links. Or you could prevent deep linking all together. Refer to this discussion for explanation of how to do this http://drupal.org/node/428422