Charge for posting atricles in my wordpress blog..

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:03 AM
Hai,
I have installed the EasyPaypal 3.5 and Wordpress 2.7
My requirement is "Charge the users for posting articles" to my site.
In all discussions I have seen only "Charge for Viewing".
I have searched everything in the net,but without success.
Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
Lija
Feb 3, 2009 at 8:24 AM
@Lija,

An interesting request.  EPP does not charge users for posting.  However, EPP could be modified to charge users for the ability to post articles by granting/revoking the ability to edit/delete/publish their own posts. 

The easiest way to do this (though a bit of overkill) would be to change a user's Role from Subscriber to Contributor (who can edit, but not publish) or Editor (who can edit and publish) when they're paid up and change them to a Subscriber when they're unpaid/expired.  A slightly better way, though a lot more work, would be to use the WP role manager plugin to create two new Roles which you could assign/revoke with payment status.

Regards,

PDR
Feb 3, 2009 at 9:25 AM
of course,I know EPP doesn't charge the user.

Thank you, for your reply.
Regards,
Lija
Feb 3, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Hi,

Actually EasyPayPal does have that feature.  Look here under "Charge to Publish" - http://www.voiceoftech.com/swhitley/index.php/?page_id=129
Feb 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM
@lijakj, @Swhitley,

D'oh!  Sorry about that!  My bad! 

PDR
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:32 AM
Hi, Swhitley,

This is what actually I want.
               "‘Charge to Publish’ using a Custom Payment page
              This feature allows you to charge a fee before a user publishes a post from your site. "

I am not getting this part....

"Create a page with the title of ‘[Payment Options]‘.  Whenever a user attempts to access the post editor, WordPress will check the number of post credits available to the user.  If they have run out of post credits, they will be taken to your custom payment page.  Use [paybutton] tags on your page to allow users to purchase post credits.  In this case, the item number becomes the number of post credits that a user will purchase."

Shannon,
           Could you please be kind enough to explain me this part.

Thanks, PDRater.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Lija
Feb 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Please someone help me..I am not able to redirect to "paypal" page..
Feb 5, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Hai, Shannon,

I saw a comment in ur blog,

"Create a page with the following title:

[Payment Options]

If a page with that title exists, your non-admin users will be routed to your payment page when they try to access the Write Post page."

I have created a page, but it is not routed to the payment page.I am now using the test site of pay pal(SandBox), Any idea?

Thanks

Lija

May 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Im curious about this too, holding my breath :) would be an awesome feature :)