EasyPayPal v3.2 - Why did it not work for you?

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hello all,

I've posted a few times about how EasyPayPal v3.2 is potentially the best solution for my own website.  I need a WP plugin that will:
1) Use PayPal IPN so the plugin can support automatically recurring periodic payments.
2) Allow users to register totally for free.
3) Allow users to sign up for automatically recurring periodic payments in order to access subscription content.

As I understand it, Shanon had built EasyPayPal v3.5 in order to avoid certain problems caused by the PayPal IPN. 

Did EasyPayPal v3.2 work for you?  If not, why not?  What features weren't working or gave you problems?

I'm working to modify EasyPayPal v3.2 for my own site and want to avoid whatever problems other people were having.  Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

PDR
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:51 PM
I'm still testing it but so far what i see is it hides the post content but not the comments

also my situation is different
1. i am already using a shopping cart system
2. i have a trial offer for $1 not for free

i have tried it using category protection and reposted the content BUT it doesn't come up with any message i can see to tell people they have to join to see the content

AND it shows the comments so that gives away part of the content. frustrating as nothing seems to work 100%
Jul 17, 2008 at 2:28 AM
WDDW:
It seems to me that hiding the comments should be very feasible.  There appears to be a WP filter specifically for comment text.

I'm working (very slowly) on modifying this plugin so that it will be easier to protect a post and its comments.  I'm thinking a button/box you can select/check which will tell the plugin to protect the post.

When you use the "category protection," what DO people see?  Nothing at all?

PDR