Redirect from Paypal to Homepage after payment

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Hi, I cannot find where to uncomment the code $epp_redirect = ‘true’  to redirect users to my homepage after payment instead of going to the dashboard.  I am using the latest version and believe that the code has changed. 

If anybody know how to redirect users to the homepage after paypal payment, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Regards
Clark
Nov 10, 2008 at 11:28 PM
I am having the same problem.  I don't want the user to go to the dashboard when returning.

Also, when I click from PayPal to return to my site... it says that it is not secure... anyone have this come up?

Kind regards,
Tino
Dec 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM
The snippet of code, $epp_redirect = ‘true’ doesn't exist in the current version of the plugin's script. I copyNpasted the entire script code, to a Word document, then did a "Find" for it and the only thing that came up was $epp_redirect; which is not what we're looking for.

I'm guessing it was coding from an earlier version.

And of course, Whitley wants a $5 fee for support, according to the support page, which is linked from the plugin's configuration form.

I'll be watching this thread, in case anyone comes up with an answer. I'm trying to build a subscription membership site and don't require folks to have access to the dashboard.

I hope somebody comes up wth an answer soon.
Dec 12, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Fixed the problem by changing the plugin. Using wp-member now.
Dec 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM

I am also having this problem. kitfanc: should I assume from the fact that you are now using wp-member instead that this problem can't be solved with EPP?
Dec 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Well, I don't know if it can be solved and that's the problem. If we could get some timely support from the creators of the plugin, I'd have kept it. But... not hearing from them is not a good sign. So, yeah, I changed to wp-member. I haven't had a single problem with it so far!
Dec 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2008 at 2:44 PM
ALSO!!! I found a wp plugin that will keep the dashboard locked away from users. It will take them straight to the write post page. Admin still gets the dashboard. Here's the link.
http://www.ilfilosofo.com/blog/2006/05/24/plugin-remove-the-wordpress-dashboard/
Dec 23, 2008 at 1:31 PM
I tried the plugin you mentioned, cheers for that, but it's not really working for me. I am coming round to wp-member...
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM
I've created an update for the plugin.  I'll update this post with a link tonight.  If you have a test system, you can try this update out and let me know if it works for you.  If all goes well, I'll release it as an upgrade to the current script.
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 5:37 AM
I've posted a copy of version 3.51 here:

http://www.voiceoftech.com/downloads/easypaypal.php.3.51.txt

This is for testing purposes.  It includes a switch that will prevent users from seeing the admin pages.  The switch is on by default.  Let me know if it solves your issues.

Copy the file above to your easypaypal plugin folder.  It should be renamed to easypaypal.php.
Dec 24, 2008 at 7:45 AM
Hi Shannon,

Could the switch be added to 3.2 ipn version?

If you think it could, is it possible for you to post the code changes- or is there any likelihood that you will put ipn back in the next upgrade?

Thanks for all your sterling work on this - it is appreciated by most users I'm sure - just the odd dissenter who would rather whinge and pay out more for a commercial solution than chuck $5 into the kitty.....
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Hi John,

I intend to put IPN back into the plugin so that you'll have both options.  I probably won't have time to review 3.2 to suggest the appropriate code changes.

Sorry I've been out-of-pocket on this, but this really isn't a primary focus for me.  I may have some time over the holidays to go for 3.7 with combined IPN functionality.
Dec 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM
Thanks, Shannon, that'd be great... in the meantime- Happy Hols!
Jan 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Hi Shannon, just wanted to let you know that the redirect worked! Thanks so much.
Jan 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Shannon, any idea when Version 3.7 will be ready? I'd really like to this plugin to work.

Bill Hood
Solutions Journal Magazine
http://solutionsjournal.com