ver 3.5 feature request

May 25, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Hi Shannon

Prior to discovering EasyPayPal I was using the 'HidePost' plugin.  It doesn't have the paid functionality of EasyPayPal but it does have a rather neat feature whereby one can select to automatically protect links and/or images.

Is there any way to integrate Hidepost into EasyPaypal?

Reason I ask is that at first sight it looked like the two would work well together - anyone referred to 'login' or 'subscribe' by HidePost would pass via EasyPayPal and have to buy a subscription before being able to log in.  But then I realised, as you later confirmed, that EasyPayPal doesn't restrict membership, just tagged content.  Thus someone can still register for the site and login without paying if they are not trying to view EasyPayPal content - ie anything protected by HidePost tags is viewable whether an EasyPayPal subscribed member or not.

Since Hidepost has some useful functionality (mainly the ability to automatically protect links and images while allowing bots to reference them), I'm wondering if it would be an easy thing to have an option in EasyPayPal to also protect the Hidepost tags?

Many thanks
Vee
May 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM
Edited May 25, 2008 at 6:09 PM
PS:  I'm not a programmer... but I'm wondering, would integration infact be just a case of going through the Hidepost script and replacing any reference to a [hidepost] [/hidepost] tag with reference to a [pay] [/pay] tag? 

Thanks again
Vee

Edit:  just did this and the answer is no.  It has no effect on the automatic hiding of links/images.