Yikes, Infinite loop of problems

May 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM
I am still in sandbox testing. The problem I am having is killing me because it is the end of the process and everything else seems to be working flawless. Login, Redirect, Pay, Redirect, only the redirect pauses on the wp site and then redirects me to a page that takes me right back to paying again. I am wondering whats going on here? Any help would be very appreciated. Hope someone can help. Thanks all.
Coordinator
May 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM
The "loop" means that PayPal isn't sending the update to your blog.  Double-check to make sure you used the right IPN address in the PayPal setup.  Go to the EasyPayPal options page and make sure you use the IPN URL on PayPal.  I've seen a few people simply enter their blog address and that won't work.  Also, there have been some times where the PayPal Sandbox hasn't been working properly.  That would result in the loop as well.
May 20, 2008 at 8:04 PM
I am also getting "the loop" even when I am out of test mode. Any suggestions?
May 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM
I'm also still getting the loop.  wp 2.3/2.5/2.5.1, easypaypal 3.1/3.2  I've double-checked IPN and paypal setup.  Done it live and local - makes no difference.

Could someone just please post a simple yes or no... has anyone actually got ver 3.1 or 3.2 working successfully to subscribe users?

Thanks
Vee
May 21, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Edited May 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM
I haven't got the "loop" issue resolved but everything else is working. Keep in mind that this is still beta...I think.
Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM
I don't know if this is related or not, but PayPal was down today.  I haven't tested EasyPayPal recently.  It's possible that something changed in PayPal in recent weeks.  I'll try to make some time to check into this.