Subscriptions not working in sandbox mode?

May 7, 2008 at 7:01 PM
I'm trying version 3.2 with WP 2.5.1 and setting up a recurring subscription... with sandbox enabled, PayPal gives me an error: "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Any ideas? Will this not happen with my live paypal account?

A single button purchase does work, except that the content is not unlocked when I return from the PayPal sandbox.
May 7, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Found the problem! I needed to change the merchant e-mail address to a test account - now it works!

Except that the unlocking of content also doesn't happen for the subscription. The sandbox merchant account has IPN enabled and pointing to the notify url provided in the EasyPayPal configuration page.

Any help appreciated.
May 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Hi Jim

No help I'm afraid but I can tell you I'm having a similar problem. I'm using 3.1 with wp3.5.1. I've set up the paypal sandbox test accounts and with a new-user signup I can get all the way through the paypal sandbox process but when clicking on the 'return to merchant' button I end up back at the wp registration page and in a loop being redirected back to paypal. As far as I can see, no subscription is created for the new user and the new user can't get past the login page - just get's redirected to paypal - except as described in my thread 'too easy to bypass'. I've tried it live with the same results.

Vee