V3.2 with WP 2.5 a few q's

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM
hi,

im looking between using this instead of the paid script amember. thing is, im curious about a few things.

If I create a page called |pay| (replace | with ]'s... stupid wiki markup) (or whatever I choose) is this supposed to automatically propogate with the relevant subscription button that a user needs, because it doesn't.

Also, when a user tries to register, they are sent to the paypal page via an intermittent redirect page. How do I edit the contents of this page?

And when the paypal subscription is setup (for a test I set it to £5 every 30 days) if the user was to immediately cancel the subscription after the first payment, after 30 days does this script check with paypal to see if the subscription is active or not, and if not, disable the users account?

Also, is there any functionality of possiblity of extending the plugin to protect the contents of a directory? Im asking this because the paid content Im protecting will be embedded videos, however I also need to protect the folder that has the source .flv's in it.

Thanks, this plugin has a lot going for it for free!
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM
No. If you use a [pay] page, that means you want to create your own buttons using the [paybutton] tags.

If you setup a [pay] page, your users will be sent to that page and you can edit the contents of that page however you like.

A subscription cancellation should cause the account to cancel in WordPress. It will reset the Next Payment Date. I say "should" because there may be bugs, but it worked during testing.

I'm not sure how you could serve the video and still protect source files without running a streaming server. I don't think the plugin could do that for you.

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:23 PM
for gmedia
I would suggest to play with the .htaccess and php in order to process any flv through php and play the file if the user is logged in or redirect to a login form if not. I know, it sounds difficult...it took me weeks to find a solution...