Disable Autoreturn at PayPal

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:08 AM
Hello,

This script does not work unless you disable auto return at PayPal. Is there a work around for this because as I understand it, disabling in this will make your paypal account useless for any script that requires it to be enabled and also make it impossible for one to offer instant downloads on any site not using this plugin.

Every site I have offering an instant download of a product after order will no longer direct to the download page after order. Is this true?

So basically, if you choose to use this plug-in you choose to limit your paypal account to only being able to accept payments and provide instant order fulfillment to customers who pay for items though buttons created with this plug in.

Can you verify this is the case and perhaps suggest a work around so one's PayPal account does not become so limited by using this plugin?

Thanks
Apr 7, 2008 at 1:43 AM
Auto-return is not needed for most PayPal options. You will typically send the return url as part of your button data. Turning auto-return off does not prevent you from using multiple types of buttons with your PayPal account.
Jan 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM
If you have a PayPal Websites Pro Account, you may have a problem, as I do.

Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions, and Shopping Cart. Furthermore, PayPal requires you to leave the Auto Return on as per their user agreement. You must provide a Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed. There must be verbiage on the return page provided by the Return URL that explains the payment transaction details. As far as I can tell, and from my conversations to get EasyPayPal to work there is no way around this.

I tried to work with Shannon on this and he explained that it was a problem with my PayPal account not being set up properly. At his insistence, I contacted PayPal and they said that they are not going to change their ruling that the website payment must have a Return URL. They directed me back to Shannon, who explained that he cannot help with this.

Perhaps I might have misunderstood someone here, but I still do not have EasyPayPal working and there does not seem to be an answer.

Bill Hood