3.0 Beta Problems - Pay for Posting to Job Board

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2008 at 6:18 AM
Hi There,

Thanks for this great plugin. Once it's working it will do just what is required for my 2.3.3 series wordpress jobs board application.

I was previously running the 2.x branch, and it was working fine. However, the issue that I was encountering was that if users posted something, then went to edit it, they were docked a posting credit. I noticed this was fixed in the 3.0 branch, so I decided to download and try it out.

The problem I am having is users can login, and then when they go to write a post, are properly directed to the pay now page. However, once they pay, they aren't given the credits for some reason. I am using the themed login plugin, but again, this was working fine with the 2.x branch.

Here's what I've done to set it up:

I de-activated and uninstalled the easypaypal 2.x branch, and uploaded the 3.0 beta branch to the plugins directory, then reactivated the plugin. themed login plugin stayed active throughout this process.

Then I created a payment page - _with the title "Employer Payment Options". _

Then I added this content:

[paybutton]1 Job Posting on AJobs|1|0.01|||[/paybutton]
[paybutton]10 Job Postings on AJobs|10|0.02|||[/paybutton]
[paybutton]25 Job Postings on AJobs|25|0.03|||[/paybutton]

(note, the prices are all cents, the sandbox kept returning a "the url you used to enter the system is invalid error" so I had to turn it off and pay myself via paypal for testing)

Then I setup my paypal settings as follows:
- set the primary email address to the one this site will be accepting payments with. part of the paypal docs say this is required.
- set the return to url option off
- set paypal IPN on
- set the PAYPAL IPN url to the one told to me in the admin options for easypaypal

Then I setup the easypaypal plugin within wordpress to the following:

your paypal address: my address
iten name: job site employer subscription
item number: 80080
payment amount: 0.00
currency code: USD
payment period (days): 0
trial period(days): 9999
categories: fakefake (added because of no categories bug)
subscription payment page title: BLANK
post payment page title: Employer Payment Page
category payment page title: BLANK

I would expect this to work as it used to, with the 2.x series, and the Payment Options page. Where the user could login and then upon post, was directed to payment and could buy credits for posting. Upon using those credits up, is directed to the pay page again.

Can you look into this for me please? Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Matt
Feb 21, 2008 at 6:17 AM
Also, I'm now wondering something else too - when this is all finished, I'm going to want the ability to register a bunch of users via a script or something, once the users are entered, am I able to go back in and set them so they have XX post credits manually?

Thanks again in advance,
Matt
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM
Hi,

If I donate, would this help pique the interest to fix this bug?

Thanks,
Matt
Mar 22, 2008 at 8:57 AM
Matt,

I paid Shannon 50 bucks without hesitating back in December and his response time was pretty fast and looked into quite a few things for me.

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I am also having this problem with the latest version 3.1
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Checking on this now. I'll update soon.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM
I have posted an update to fix this issue. EasyPayPal 3.2
Apr 10, 2008 at 11:53 PM
Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunatly the bug is not fixed. I have upgraded to 3.2 and it's just the same.
Apr 11, 2008 at 1:53 PM
Hi again,

It appears I am wrong and it does work... but only if you have IPN set up. Is this really required when no subscription is set? It limits everyone to only using this plug in on one domain. I don't believe PayPal allow you to set up multiple accounts, and the way this is now, you have to attach your paypal account to a specific domain and cannot use this plug in on more than one domain, as the IPN has to be set in your paypal account profile to ONE specific domain using the plug in.

There must be a better way?

http://www.codeplex.com/easypaypal/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=25708